Why are we still waiting for the Linux version of episode one to be released to Itch ?
Caffeine - Episode One
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Caffeine is a quirky psychological horror adventure game with an atmosphere heavily inspired by games like Condemned, FEAR and Outlast.
Set in the near future, the entire population of Earth is vigorously addicted to coffee. Once Earth's caffeine reserves are depleted, the largest of the corporations build massive lumbering space ships with the sole purpose of seeking out the minerals needed to synthesize artificial caffeine.
You awaken aboard one of these caffeine mining ships alone. Before long you realize that you are a young boy with no memory of what has transpired on this seemingly empty space station.
Naturally you set out to explore the depths of the huge structure to figure out what exactly is going on.
To accompany the eerie visuals Caffeine offers, the sound is being prepared by two amazing professionals. Composer Adam Klingman and Sound Designer Jonathan Wachoru provide an amazing sense of immersion and chills.
Episode One of Caffeine is the hour long introductory chapter of the three part episodic release using Unreal engine 4, which allows for a very high visual fidelity and a great sense of immersion.
How Does The Game Play?
At its core Caffeine -Episode One is an exploratory first-person puzzle game with a strong focus on psychological horror and lore.
Caffeine has three main gameplay elements:
- Horror – You are alone in a mysteriously empty space station. Who knows what's out there!
- Lore – Sticky notes, audio logs, whiteboards etc. This place feels lived in with each character having a rich back-story that can be deciphered from just walking into an office or quarters.
- Puzzles – simple environmental puzzles to progress through the game.
- Windows, Linux & Mac Support
- Console Releases – Coming to two major consoles in late 2015.
- OSVR, Oculus Rift & Steam VR Supported – Allowing for ultimate immersion & interaction with the world of Caffeine. (limited support, update coming in the weejs ahead)
- UHD support – Support for a wide range of resolutions including 4K, 8K with the additions of alternative aspect ratios like 21:9.
- Controller support
When Will The Game Be Out?
The introductory chapter of Caffeine, Episode One has now been released and you can purchase all three episodes for Windows, Linux and Mac below!
Disclaimer: Only the Windows version is currently uploaded to itch.io's servers at this time, Linux and Mac are being uploaded over the next few days.
|Published||1 year ago|
|Release date||1 year ago|
|Tags||caffeine, coffee, Exploration, First-Person, Horror, linux, mac, space-coffee, unreal-engine, windows|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, XBox 360 controllers, Oculus Rift|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: